16 Patron Saints for Your Common ProblemsBy Taylor Marshall
JAN. 21, 2010 (http://cantuar.blogspot.com
) - As Catholics, we believe that we are all brothers and sisters in Christ with God as our Father and Mary as our Mother. Christ is our eldest brother and we are bound together in the unity of the Holy Spirit.
As family, we also know that there are those who have suffered through various evils, not despairing, but offering their maladies to God for an increase of sanctity. It is natural then to consult those who have suffered in ways similar to us. Thus, we ask these saints to pray for us. Here is a checklist of "common problems" and the saints usually identified with each.
1. Unemployed? - Saint Cajetan
2. Can't find a spouse? - Saint Nicholas or Saint Andrew
3. Can't get pregnant? - Saint Joachim and Saint Anne
4. Difficulties during pregnancy? - Saint Gerard
5. Have the flu? - Blessed Columba Marmion
6. Have ulcers or heartburn? - Saint Charles Borromeo
7. Sleepwalking? - Saint Dymphna
8. Dental problems? - Saint Apollonia
9. Cancer? - Saint Peregrine and Saint Bertha
10. Heart disease? - Saint John of God
11. Have arthritis? - Saint James
12. Headaches and migraines? - Saint Denys of Paris
13. Alcoholism? - Saint Monica
14. Sore throat? - Saint Blaise
15. Snake bite? - Saint Paul and Saint Patrick
16. Lost something? - Saint Anthony
I'm sure that I've missed several saints. Please feel free to add more saints and maladies in the comments below. I look forward to learning of many more.Post your comments.